Sconce Makeover and Return of the Audubon Bird Wall

Here's another project scratched off the punch list:  Spray paint sconces (probably red)

This was a  simple project, but made such a difference. I had some green sconces that I'd originally purchased for my Audubon Bird Wall in my first-ever Colorado apartment (when I had just started blogging and trying my hand at decorating.)

I knew I wanted to reinstate the Bird Wall in the dining area of my new place. I had an entire wall that needed some love and I had decided against buying some new, huge (and likely expensive) artwork. I also needed a pop of red on that side of the room to balance out my red laquered IKEA LACK tables. Spray paint made it happen!

Here's what the sconces looked like before:



And here they are in my original bird wall:





Ugh. So much beige! -.-


And voila! Jazzed up with Rustoleum spray paint in Apple Red:



Much better, don't you think? :)


I just love the starkness of the red with the black frames against white walls. It really just reboots the whole bird wall concept for me. :)

I have to say that getting a shot of this wall without getting crazy reflection off the windows was pretty tough. Having a lot of natural light is great, but it can sure play havoc with photography at times!

What do you think? Is the pop of red working for you? :)


This entry was posted on Monday, December 9, 2013 and is filed under ,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply

Thanks for commenting. :) I definitely appreciate the feedback that you give me!